Tens facts are so important for mental maths and this is a great and easy game to play at home with mum and dad!
What you need:
A deck of cards
- Take all of the picture cards, jokers and 10s out of the deck.
- Set up the cards in 3 rows of 3 (see photo below).
- Take turns in finding two cards that make 10. When you find two keep the pair.
- When the piles run out move other cards into the gaps until you cannot make anymore sets of 10s. (For example, there are only numbers left like 9 and 6 that do not make 10).
- Now, count up your pairs and see who has the most - that person is the winner!
Have fun practising your tens facts :)